Monday, March 14, 2022

T'Dub'ing and Uraling to Locomotive Rock and More Murals

 Sunday, March 13

A warm and sunny day.  I rode out on Yagi to get close to Locomotive Rock near the campsite.  Not sure why its called that, as I don't see the resemblance.  

you can see a hiker up there

I worked my way close to the base and then parked Yagi
for the short hike up...


Left my riding gear with Yagi of course....

In case you wondered about the base of
the balancing rock...

I then geared up and road/meandered on Trail 8113A, which wandered around the area, finally ending up back at camp eventually.


I think this is Ajo Peak



In case you've never seen a Saguaro cactus without
its outer green covering

Black Mountain is the backdrop above

Monday, March 14

Not a bad sunrise today:


Today would be warmer than yesterday.

Ran into Ajo for errands and groceries.  Decided to collect a few more murals for record:

artist: Mike (DaWolf) Baker
Night of the Lepus



artist: Hop David
Rams

artist: Hop David

What's painted on the sidewalk you ask?



Finally, pictures of Locomotive Rock from a short morning run by Scarlett:




5 comments:

SonjaM said...

The mural / pavement paintings are lovely.

Lots of header pic potential in all of your photos. My favourite is No. 12, closely followed by 17 and 21.

You are so lucky, man!

redlegsrides said...

Thanks SonjaM, also for the reminder that some pics have good header potential. I am indeed fortunate in many ways.

RichardM said...

The 3rd picture, the rocks look like a steam locomotive.

Nice sidewalk art!

redlegsrides said...

The third picture huh, is the locomotive facing to the right or the left?

RichardM said...

Facing right.