Saturday, August 29, 2020

Wyoming Boondocking - Day 3: NSTR

 NSTR: Nothing Significant To Report 

A very lazy day today for me.

The only riding I did was to a nearby spot next to the railroad where I could shoot the sunset with Yagi in the foreground.

Otherwise, I lounged about the campsite, reading and relaxing....quite enjoyable I must say.

In the morning, while eating breakfast, I chanced to look out the window and saw a local deer having its own breakfast perhaps 30 feet away from me:


It looks a bit gaunt, don't you think?

Besides the same boaters floating down the river and being picked up by pre-positioned vehicles here, I saw a man training his dog to fetch using something that looked like a fish.  Perhaps it retrieves fishes for him?  What caught my eye was they were both wearing matching camouflage vests.  :)

Definitely more visitors to this spot on a Saturday, but no one stayed long.

Even had a truck and small camper show up after 10PM last night, setting up in the dark closer to the Toilet Hut than I was.  But, they were gone this morning before I woke.

Sunset was OK, I was a bit late to catch the actual sun before it set though....was watching a couple of guy who'd shown up for evening fishing.  It's dark as I type this, and I can see then now setting up a tent near their truck with flashlights.  Oh well.


7 comments:

CCjon said...

Hmmm... a bit more human traffic than you desire or are accustomed to. Maybe just for the weekend?
Is the smoke in the air all gone?

redlegsrides said...

Yeah CCjon, it’s a weekend thing. There’s apparently a dearth of entertainment options in the area! ;)

redlegsrides said...

Forgot to answer your question CCjon, strong winds today might clear some some of the haze from wildfires but it’s still pretty prevalent.

Oz said...

Glad you are you getting some relaxing time and I sure hope the fires get put out and the smoke clears.

redlegsrides said...

Pretty windy today Oz, we shall see.

RichardM said...

NSTR. I’m need to remember that one.

redlegsrides said...

I think it’s a relic from my army days RichardM....