Thursday, August 20, 2020

Kremmling, CO - Day 6: Lazy Sunday and home on Monday

 Sunday, August 16

Did some riding of the hills near the campsite, but didn't range very far.  Ended up on top of a steep hill, after miles of easy trail and made it down successfully though not without trepidation.

Even in first gear and gentle use of the brakes, Yagi picked up more speed than I liked, but we made it down just fine.

Very hazy due to the forest fires to the east:

Spent the rest of the day just hanging out at the URRV, listening to an audio book and trying to stay cool.

Monday, August 17

Broke camp and came home, I'd seen all I wished to see this trip around Kremmling, rode what I wanted to ride and the campsite area was beginning to fill up with more people.

Note: There seems to be a growing trend of people setting up a tent at a camp spot to "claim it" but  then not use it for days on end.  Reminds me of the seemingly unused travel trailers set up in spots near the dispersed camping area south of Jefferson, CO.  Same objective but with travel trailers.

What do you think of such a move?

Got home with no issues, to 92°F (33°C) and sunny skies in the cesspool that is the Metro Denver area.  I'll be cleaning up the URRV, trailer, gear and such over the next 72 hours during which I'm allowed to park my RV in my own driveway.  This is a restriction, undocumented that I can tell, haphazardly enforced by the HOA management company.

Good trip overall, nothing major broke, had some good rides and relaxing times for the most part.


2 comments:

CCjon said...

Welcome back home, a safe trip overall.

Wonder if those "empty" tents are hunters claiming a camping spot for their upcoming fall hunts. We're only 4-6 weeks away from start of bow hunting season.

redlegsrides said...

A pretty crappy move on their part whatever the rationale CCjon...with dispersed camping, one takes one’s chances.