Saturday, May 11, 2024

T-Dub'ing the Broken Arrow OHV Trail near Sedona, AZ

I spent the morning riding my TW200, Yagi, through the Broken Arrow Trail that is located within the city limits of Sedona.

At the trailhead off of Morgan Road, you can park and hike on the trail or there is an OHV version of the trail as well.  It proved slightly technical in spots, lots of slick rock, ruts and rocks.  A nice ride overall, with great rock formations.





Cattle Jeeps


Note the cattle jeeps used to ferry loads
of tourists.

Which one do you prefer, the above shot
or a closer version on Yagi?


Yagi and I were never alone, tourists may have
been edited out of this shot.

Only had one slightly close call in terms of cager traffic both on the way to the trail and returning to camp.  Both incidents had me giving the clueless cager the ADV salute.

Made it back to the camp area with no further issues.  Did some exploring of neighboring public lands and found some more campsite candidates if ever back in this area.

The afternoon was spent hanging around the VRRV and relaxing. We displace further eastward tomorrow.


4 comments:

CCjon said...

Prefer the closer shot... Have you ever thought about getting a larger displacement motorcycle? Or does T-Dub do everything you need and want?


RichardM said...

“Cattle Jeeps”. I hadn’t heard that term before.

And I like the closer shot better. But that’s just my opinion…

redlegsrides said...

CCjon, thanks. As to your question, I own a larger displacement motorcycle currently but hardly ever rated. It's a 800 cc BMW airhead motorcycle and she is sweet but heavy and definitely not something I take off-road. I've also owned a RT1150 BMW that was a joy to ride across multiple states in one day but she has gone.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks for the feedback RichardM, as to the cattle Jeep moniker, it's just something that popped into my mind as I want them crowd out the place.