Thursday, October 19, 2023

Rest in Peace, Jack Riepe.

I learned this morning that Jack Riepe had passed away yesterday.

Jack was a great writer whom I was fortunate to be introduced to by an article of his on the August 2008 BMW Owners Association Magazine back in 2008. LINK

He wrote a blog back then as well, which became one of my favorites:


I was also fortunate to be able to review an advance copy of his first book: LINK


Jack "painted with words".  He was a gifted writer with a somewhat biting but very humorous outlook on life, riding and adventures via motorcycles.  He made me laugh out loud with his writing.

I met Jack in person while on a trip in Pennsylvania visiting a friend of mine from my ROTC days.  Jack knew I was coming and he drove out the three hours or so from his home in New Jersey to Macungie, PA where of course, we met at a bar.

More details of this meeting here: LINK



Jack's many friends have gathered virtually on his Facebook Page to say their goodbyes:  https://www.facebook.com/jack.riepe

What can I say Jack, when we meet again, we'll go on that sidecar ride that we planned on but didn't get to do.

2 comments:

RichardM said...

He will be missed. I had met Jack at a BMWMOA rally in PA where he had given a talk.

Coop a.k.a. Coopdway said...

Before I even owned a BMW it was in the MOA magazine that I signed up for the National Rally in Wisconsin that I first was aware of Jack. I soon learned that in that German motorcycle world, everyone knew of Jack and his writings. They were good, he was interestingly good. I've strayed from all things of that marque but I remember vividly the articles that I read.

Thanks for sharing this. RIP Mr Riepe