Sunday, October 22, 2023

Last Day Boondocking near the Nipple Bench

Our last day was a pretty low key day, we relaxed at the campsite and I did some riding on Yagi.

I found another trail to be explored that led me to the top of the cliff sides to the right of the campsite.


The next pic shows the "Bench", a flat piece of land one side of which rises and the other side drops off...I hope you can see it.


In the midafternoon, I wandered out again on Yagi, my TW200, and did some riding along and on the actual creek bed.


I thought the almost stark white walls looked cool



I then rode back on top of the nearby cliff side for his shot of the bench with the golden hour's lighting.


We finally got us some decent clouds for sunset:

We displace tomorrow, headed more to the south and west.  Stay tuned.

Notes for the next time.  According to a local gent who stopped by the campsite to chat:

Check out the fossilized? oyster bed near the campsite, just go upstream a bit and it'll be on the left side on a sloping bank.

It's a bit of a drive but check out Alston Point!  Get map from BLM visitor center.

There's also apparently an old abandoned coal mine somewhere in the direction of Alston Point?  It's on fire and has been hat way for years, with smoke still coming out of the ground.  Info again at the BLM visitor center

2 comments:

CCjon said...

Thanks for showing exactly what a "bench" is. Sometimes words are not sufficient.

redlegsrides said...

Yes, CCjon....like they say about a pic being worth a thousand words eh?