Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Visiting Family in California

I flew from Las Vegas to SFO Wednesday of last week to visit my parents and siblings.

It had been way too long since the last visit so it was overdue, way overdue.

My brother, Carlos, picked me up at SFO airport and we drove to Palo Alto where he lives with his lovely wife Ling, and their two sons Evan and Nathan.

I would spend several hours each day visiting with my folks. Then I would return to my brother's home to spend time with him and his family.

My mother, as always, went all out for our first lunch:

Interspersed with all the visiting, a lucky coincidence had one of my uncles arriving on Saturday to stay with the uncle I have here in the Bay area.... They invited the folks and I to dinner that evening.

#2 uncle on left and #4 uncle on right

Sunday, Ling and Carlos hosted a barbecue at their place, and my sister Ana, along with others.


My sister Ana Rosa
More visiting, a perusal of old photo albums at my parent's place resulted in the copying of some of them:


My siblings and I, me being the oldest
when we lived in Honduras 

Me, in mid-70s Miami, FL

First car bought with own money
'77 CJ-7

My ride while in Germany with US Army

'87 Cherokee, proved underpowered,
Replaced soon by Black version with six cylinders instead.

My parents and I

Farewell Lunch
 
I fly back to Las Vegas today....not sure where I'll be camping next.   Stay tuned.

8 comments:

CCjon said...

Looks like you may have added a few pounds while in SF. Glad you had a great time with a great looking family.

Now about that stuck in the mud jeep in Germany, how much did the tow cost to get unstuck?

redlegsrides said...

CCjon, financially nothing....ribbing from the rest of the unit who saw it, huge cost!

RichardM said...

It looks like you had a good visit. In spite of the location (number of people in the area!).

Philip and Sharon said...

"It had been way too long since the last visit so it was overdue, way overdue." Probably the most important sentence in your post. I learned this lesson the hard way.

Bridget said...

I really enjoyed your walk down memory lane!

redlegsrides said...

The place is crawling with cars and people RichardM!

redlegsrides said...

Philip and Sharon, I'm going to try and do better.

redlegsrides said...

Sorry for the delay re approving your comment Bridget, thanks.