Didn't do much driving/riding on Monday, it was still a bit cool though the sun was out more often than not. I spent most of it puttering around and replacing the torn rubber cover on the Evil Twin Sticks shifter setup on the Samurai.
Took photos of the sticks themselves where they enter the cylinder which mates to the top of the Samurai's transfer case. That's how I determined they're the Evil Twin model, not the Gemini Twin model for which a dust cover exists. In the case of the Evil Twin Sticks, one has to use a rubber glove to craft a cover to keep water and dust out of the transfer case!
The spot on the transfer case is where overage of gear oil also comes out! That's how I discovered the rubber material covering said mating point on Monday, big spot of gear oil on the ground! I think, water got in while splashing in the puddles and it burped out afterwards.