Friday, September 21, 2018

Uraling for Fall Colors on Boreas Pass Road

OK, I'm officially done with Fall Colors picture taking for this year....saw so much of it on Boreas Pass Road that it was overwhelming.

I say the above, while also noting that I was actually late to see the colors on this part of Colorado.  It's definitely past it's peak in terms of colors.

I had displaced the previous day to a new boondocking location near the Tarryall Reservoir Rd south of Jefferson, CO.  Martha and I, had camped there before, soon after we'd bought Uma, the URRV almost two years ago.   LINK.




During an extended lunch ride, I rode Scarlett, my 2014 Ural Patrol Sidecar Rig a few miles (89 km roundtrip) to the small town of Como.  It is the gateway to Boreas Pass Road which eventually leads one to Breckenridge, CO.

Warning:  High possibility of overdose of Colorado Fall Colors pictures.  The below are the ones that survived the cut from original 151 pictures, 31% of which were selected for post-processing.

 First bit of color I stopped Scarlett for....right at the 
beginning of the Boreas Pass Road.

 I look to the south, from the first ridge, looking back
towards the town of Como a few miles away.

There were plenty of cagers with me on Boreas Pass Road but not so many that there was much interference with my picture taking.  Except for one cager who chose to park next to the rig while I was shooting.  There's always one of those, these day.

Pictures taken on the way up to the summit of Boreas Pass:




Pictures taken while exploring Selkirk Campground about 8 miles up Boreas Pass Road.  No cellphone reception there.




Back on Boreas Pass Road, still heading up towards the summit:


 The requisite Summit Sign

Proceeding a mile or two further north, one gets to see nice set of peaks:



Now heading back down towards Como.  Avoiding cagers where possible and stopping only briefly for pictures.


 To me, it looked like the hillside was on fire.



As I approached the first ridge , I decided to stop where the Aspen still were in full Fall Color mode:

 Southern Vistas from Boreas Pass Road

I parked Scarlett here and would shoot pictures from
and of the large Aspen grouping in the background:












Finally, I got back on Scarlett and continued motoring down the last remaining ridge back towards flatter ground.


One last look towards Boreas Pass Road

I motored on back to the campsite, packed up, and headed on home.  

Hope you liked the pics.  

8 comments:

RichardM said...

Kind of looks like AK. All yellows and very little red. Nice scenery. Now you are ready for the grey/brown season before snow?

redlegsrides said...

Bare branches and waiting for the first snows....usually third week in October for the Front Range areas.....

yeah, not many reds, I think that's a Northeast thing....someday I'll be there at the right time....

Red Simpson said...

Plenty of color in the Midwest, too. Late Sept up north to early October in the southern part ~ if you ever head to WI for the fall colors. It's closer to CO than Vermont.

redlegsrides said...

Thank you Red Simpson, I'll definitely keep it in mind since my in-laws are from Wisconsin. We were in Holmen last month for my FIL's birthday.

MotoVentures said...

Great pictures Dom - looks like a beautiful ride! I love seeing all of that gold with our amazing blue skies!

redlegsrides said...

Thanks MotoVentures, it was indeed a pretty good ride!

CCjon said...

Glad you found the fall colors Dom, great photos.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks Jan, found more today .... more to follow