Friday, September 28, 2018

Uraling and camping near Dillon Reservoir

Martha is attending a "get together" by what I lovingly refer to as the "coven".  The place they're gathering at is in Vail and she convinced me to head up on Thursday of this week to get in some camping near Dillon, CO

Dry camping in the Prospector Campground run by the National Forest Service till Monday.


Thursday evening, I ran up Swan Mountain Road about a mile from the campground and found this nice spot for sunset pictures with some of the Ten Peaks in the background.

Near the Sapphire Point Overlook parking lot.



 The tallest peak is Peak 1, the remaining nine go off
to the left in the picture above.



Friday, after work, found a nice grouping of Aspen in full Fall Color mode, so yes, more Fall Color pictures ahead.  These trees were located close to the hospital in Frisco where I was taken after my motorcycle accident back in 2008.


 I like the red leaves the best.

 This time, I remembered to look up, while wandering
among the Aspen








 The view from a bike path near the hospital in Frisco


I rode around Dillon Lake/Reservoir, crossing over the dam and posing Scarlett at the usual spot on Swan Mountain Road:


Before returning to the campsite, I did a short but steep hike up a hillside next to the campground area.  Found a flat rocky cliff area that overlooked the campground where I'm staying:


Martha joined me Friday evening, we went out to dinner in Dillon and relaxed the evening away.

4 comments:

CCjon said...

The flat rock overlook offered a great view of the area. Nice find. Is all the fall color gone in that area or just no aspens up that way?

redlegsrides said...

Yeah not Fall Color left near the campground....some Aspen but mainly Pines.

MotoVentures said...

I love that area - so beautiful!

redlegsrides said...

Thanks MotoVentures, its quite scenic this area.