In my previous post I'd mentioned how I'd gotten Yoshie, my 2006 Suzuki V-Strom/Dauntless Sidecar Rig returned to me in less than optimal conditions.
I've since taken receipt of a brand new rear wheel for the V-Strom ($1023.00 cost to the insurance company) which seems high to me but since it's not my money. The insurance rep had a "talk" with the service manager who assured him that he'd be taking actions to prevent such glaring screwups from happening again. I've my doubts but since I can't really influence things, am moving on.
Once I got the new wheel (which the dealer mounted my summer car tire on) back on Yoshie, she rode much better without having the rear wheel wobbles! Go figure.
Then I found the DOT4 Brake fluid level low on the clutch circuit, sigh. Refilled and it seems I caught it in time before air was introduced into the system.
Spend the last two days getting her sidecar alignment back to correct toe-in (it was set up wrong by the dealer's techs). They also somehow managed to mess up the wiring going to the sidecar. Not sure why they even messed with that but there you go. Finally got the lights working as they should and a couple of test rides later, I believe Yoshie is operational once more.
So, once again, I've a working sidecar rig for when the weather is bad or I need to carry cargo. Valencia's replacement clutch parts are rumored inbound, perhaps arriving even today. Still over a week to go though before I'll have access to a fellow Uralista's expertise on mounting said repair parts.
Service completed & some slight adjustments
12 minutes ago