Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Temps in the 40s, partly cloudy. Still, a nice riding day.

I rode to work, thinking what I could pose Maria by that would highlight the significance that is today, Christmas Eve! I finally settled on finding an outdoor Nativity scene that I could park Maria by as the subject. For after all, it's the birth of Christ that is celebrated by Christmas.

Much searching online rendered nothing much but what a warped and politically correct society we've become. I found more stuff against Christmas and Nativity Scenes or Christmas Manger scenes than for them. A sad state of affairs indeed. People are so fricking worried that they'll offend someone that some of the Christmas icons we took for granted growing up are gone from sight.

I went riding after lunch since things were pretty dead at work. I rode to four separate churches along my usual commute and none had a Nativity scene outside the building. Nada, zip, zilch, zero. I say again, a sad state of affairs.

I ended up photographing the Nativity scene that neighbors of ours had set up in their front lawn.


Merry Christmas to all, specially to the soldiers, marines, sailors, and airmen of our armed forces and those of our allies. Your service and sacrifices are very much appreciated!

No comments: