Finally got Uma, the VRRV's most pressing issues repaired. The last repair was replacing the front shock absorbers as they were toast according to the mechanic!
Being almost 20 years old, it's not surprising stuff is wearing out. After all, we have put more than 105,000 MI on the motorhome since we got it. The new shocks had been replaced sometime ago, but the tire cupping issue I saw on the old one tires dictated new shocks.
Anyways, I decided to do some short term camping, to test everything out again. Probably just for a week unless I find it more enjoyable than expected. I left the cesspool that is the Metro Denver area just before 8:00 a.m. and by 10:30 a.m. I was at the site and setting up.
I have used this side many times before, it works for me and so far there has not been a lot of vehicle traffic. I expect that to change as the weekend approaches.
As you can see in the pictures, sunny with very little clouds if at all. The temperature is 82° f as I write this, but there is a nice cool breeze blowing through once in awhile. The humidity is a nice 18%, quite the change from the eastern half of the country.
Encountered a minor issue in the afternoon, the accumulator for the water pump had failed. I kept hearing the water pump cycle on and off without the water being run. After some troubleshooting I saw that the accumulator was not holding air pressure.
The particular model I have requires operating PSI of 30, but repeated attempts to air it up with an air compressor failed. That condition, the manual says, to replace the unit. So one is on order and will be brought out by Martha on Tuesday.
In the meantime, water still flows when required. But the water pump cycles a lot more than normal since the accumulator is not online. I have to shut off the water pump when not using water to not hear the pump cycle on and off.






No comments:
Post a Comment