Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Uraling to Arivaca Lake, AZ

A sunny day today, after three cloudy ones, so the sun and its warmth were a welcome start to the new year.

The year's first Sunrise was just OK:





Spent the morning doing maintenance chores on the URRV and doing some light hiking on the trails near the campsite.

In the afternoon, I rode Fiona, my '99 Ural Patrol and headed the 9 miles or so to the small town of Arivaca.  They've a Mercantile store there where I could get gas not only for Fiona but the spare gas can and bonus: they let me fill up a five gallon can of water at an outside water spigot for free!

Errands complete, I meandered over to Arivaca Lake to see what there was to see.

The road there is quite windy and has some enjoyably curvy turns and dips to keep one entertained.  Found the lake at the end of two miles of bumpy dirt road.  Folks were fishing at the lake's edge in camouflage clothing, which I found a bit weird but hey.

A couple were playing around with kayaks:





As I retraced my route back towards the town of Arivaca, I found a nice spot to pose Fiona at with Baboquivari Peak in the background:




The mountains to the east of Arivaca look interesting don't they?

Got back in time to eat dinner before catching the new year's first sunset:




4 comments:

RichardM said...

You seem to be moving around a lot!

redlegsrides said...

Moving around a lot? Still camped at same site in the BANWR....

SonjaM said...

Wow, brilliant colour scheme, Dom.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks SonjaM