Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11 - The Tenth Anniversary


Never Forget, Never Forgive
image source: link

It's been ten years since the murdering cowards of al-qaeda killed thousands of Americans in the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.  I still see in my mind's eye where I was when I first heard of the first jet liner hitting the the North Tower of the WTC.

The ongoing news reports today, along with the discussions and reviews of the footage and recordings and memories of the families affected are something worth watching and hearing.  

The anger I felt ten years ago has not abated and likely will never go away.  

I rejoiced in the killing of osama bin laden, may he burn in hell along with the cowardly bastards that hijacked the planes ten years ago.

I salute the men and women of our armed forces who served then, the ones who joined up since then because of 9/11 and the ones who continue to serve today.  

I hope the families of the victims of the 9/11 attacks find some comfort today, and I hope that this great nation never forgets.

3 comments:

Learning to Golf said...

Well said. I support your statements 100%.

Unknown said...

Dom,

It's a crappy piece of history. Many people died and many more have suffered. All I want is for that part to be over.

Brady
Behind Bars - Motorcycles and Life

Jack Riepe said...

Dear Chartlie6 (Dom):

It is in the American spirit to forgive... And Jesus, who's name is throughout the Bible used to swear in Presidents and witnesses, makes forgiveness a prerequisite of heaven. But nobody says you have to be stupid about it, and embrace your enemies with a blind eye, so as not to offend them, as they plan some other way to cut your throat in your sleep.

I think it's healthy to forgive... But stupid to ever think you can turn your back on a certain part of the world ever again. I used to think that deep down, people everywhere were just plain folks. I don't think that any more.

Fondest regards,
Jack/reep
Twisted Roads