Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Found: GoPro 4 Session Camera

If you're feeling like a bit of a helpful Samaritan, please spread the word:

Recently, I found, near the junction of FR811.B and FR123 in the Pike National Forest, a GoPro Hero 4 Session camera.

Camera will not power on, I think it's toast.


It was underwater and apparently has been that way since September 3, 2017....the date of the newest file.  The red arrow in the screen capture above shows where it was found.

Here's what I believe is the camera's serial number in case someone can use it to trace the owner:


I checked the videos and here's some Snip App captures of whom I think is the owner and his GMC Pickup Truck's license plate, that might help identify the owner:



Colorado Plate
506-IQD? or 506-IOD?

If you're the owner, contact me at info@pmdnetworks.com for retrieval of the camera and 64GB MicroSD card.  I'll put the camera away until the end of the year at least.  I repeat, the camera is toast...tried charging it and it did warm up a bit but couldn't get it to power on.  The 64GB MicroSD card is viable however and contains videos.

6 comments:

Spat said...

Good Samaritan you are Dom, happy hunting. I did a similar attempt to no avail but we tried. We found a road kill camera bag with rolls of film (yes that long ago) and a 300mm lens on 85 coming home from Sturgis many years ago. Developed the film and posted a couple of pictures the next year and how to find us on the bulletin board at Sturgis HQ the next year. No luck but at least I got a nice lens for my old film Minolta.

redlegsrides said...

One can but try John....thanks for the story

Coop a.k.a. Coopdway said...

It would be wonderful if you or someone can connect with the owner, a long shot but stranger things have happened. I wish both parties luck!

redlegsrides said...

Thanks Coop for commenting

SonjaM said...

This is so cool and would be a call for facebook users (if anyone is still using that platform that is...)

redlegsrides said...

Thanks SonjaM