Richard Winter, to whom I sent the gearbox, reported it seemed to be OK besides needing a new input shaft due to the previous one being damaged when Fiona experienced the clutch disk splines destruction issue.
Hopefully, I'll get the gearbox back soon along with at least one if not two of the older versions of the /2 clutch disk that were built with sidecar usage in mind.
In the meantime, I had received an electrical farkle before the trip to Europe and today I got around to installing it on Fiona.
Installation was easy, no fuss, no muss, hooked directly to the battery since it's got a lighted on/off switch.
While I was working near the battery, decided to add some more cushioning material (from an old foam camping mattress) to not only cushion the bottom of the battery, but the sides and back as well. No movement now by the battery.
View of battery from left side of tug, main function of this
cushion piece is preventing lateral movement by the battery.
The cushioning under the battery is to hopefully prolong its life
Metal plate in place to prevent contact from the end
of the clutch actuating lever's adjustment nut.
Update: Went out for sunset shots: