Saturday, September 03, 2016

A Saturday Morning Ride with Brigitta and ScooterBob

It had been almost a month since I'd last ridden on Brigitta, my '87 R80 Beemer Airhead.  We rode down to the post office to retrieve a package from Russia.

It was a clutch release rod/assembly for the old style gearbox.  I really only wanted the slide cap portion because it would come with the requisite o-ring seal; that and to have a spare bearing assembly.

Since we were out, and the temperature was just right and with the sun shining brightly, the errand ride turned into a somewhat more circuitous ride about the neighborhoods.  I had to return home to retrieve both my camera and ScooterBob but that didn't take long.


 All the recent snow is apparently gone from the top of Mount Evans


 Brigitta and ScooterBob

I liked the sign, as with ScooterBob, it inspires riding and such thoughts.

So, despite the lack of snow on Mount Evans, it was a clear day to view its summit and the front range mountains.  Brigitta got a suitable amount of exercise and met/rode with ScooterBob.

It was quite a bit warmer when we finished the above shot, time to head for the barn and do household things for a bit.  I can't wait for Fall weather to finally arrive, we've been teased with cooler temperatures in the evenings but the heat of the summer hangs on.

6 comments:

RichardM said...

I like the perspective in the first photo. Especially with both on the center stands.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks RichardM...

Steve Williams said...

ScooterBob really gets around. Looks great in Colorado, especially with Brigitta. I love that BMW. Covet such a steed myself.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks Steve, anytime you're in Colorado....Brigitta stands ready.

Trobairitz said...

Great pics Dom. I like how you put ScooterBob on the front fender in the second to last shot. Had to really look to find him.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks Trobairitz, I thought about adding a comment on that picture as ScooterBob is not easy to spot for the casual eye.