Friday, July 23, 2010

Autoblog's review of the 2010 Ural Patrol Sidecar Rig

Autoblog.com has posted a very positive review of their experience with riding the 2010 Ural Patrol Sidecar Rig in the wilds of Northwest Washington State.  I invite you to their posting to get a non-sidecar rider's perspective on what its like to ride these beasts.

source: autoblog.com
click the above for the full review 


The review is couched within the context of the reviewer nearly plumetting off the side of a mountain road while following an experienced sidecar rider.  His experience and the lack of experience with sidecars that is mentioned by the author should be read and believed.  Sidecars are truly worlds apart from two wheeled motorcycles and care and training should be taken with them.

So, go read the full review, lots of good pictures there on autoblog.com, they did a nice job of reviewing the newest version of my own Ural Sidecar Rig: Natasha.  I will throw in this though, the reviewer from autoblog really was impressed with the 2WD functions of the 2010 Ural.  My Natasha has FULLTIME 2WD as it comes with a differential!

 My Natasha, 1996 Ural Sportsman, here on Fall River Road, in the RMNP

I've never been able to find out why Ural quit making the model with fulltime 2WD, go figure!

1 comment:

A Tuscan foodie in America said...

I am looking into buying a second hand sidecar, but I never rod on one...