Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Sold Yagi, the Yamaha TW200

 2026, it's turning out to be a year for many changes as forks in the road of life have become evident.

The TW200 had become unreliable to me for quite a while now.  Yesterday,  she started to have charging issues again and it looks like the replacement stator has failed.

One of the forks in the road I mentioned above is whether to keep a motorcycle-centric blog going.  It hasn't really been one for the last couple of years or more with RV camping and non-motorcycle exploration and travel being more the norm.

So, I sold her to a guy in the neighborhood who likes to work on cars/motors and then resell them.  

Sure, I could pay a dealership to fix her but I wouldn't trust her for solo riding, which is what I do.  Also, being at least 20 years old, the dealer wouldn't even look at her without a $330 deposit due to her age.

Due to age and miles, not much money to be had but oh well, I think I got my money's worth over the last 7 years or so.  Had I not found a buyer, I would have been donating her to the Gary Sinise Foundation I think.

Turns out, the previous post's pics of Yagi will be the last for the blog, only fitting I suppose.

Here's some that show some of the awesome places Yagi took me to:












Note:

Got her in 2019 with 7500 miles on the odometer, sold her with 24,500 miles.




7 comments:

Oz said...

You got your money’s worth out of it. I for one hope you continue to blog.

redlegsrides said...

I believe I did, Oz. The RV is next....then we shall see.

Steve Williams said...

Parting with a motorcycle, even when all the evidence supports it, is difficult. I've only done it once with my BMW K75 but it felt like I was betraying the machine. Strange how attached I can get to "stuff."

I bet you'll get something to replace it. You may be focused on RV camping but there will still be plenty of times that you would want to just venture out and explore on a motorcycle.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks for the comments, Steve...you aren't alone in the guilt department. Unsure even about camping for now.

redlegsrides said...

Added pics of Yagi showing 2 of the more awesome terrain she took me to....

SonjaM said...

You really got the best out of your two wheeled companion. I still feel regret having sold my motorcycles but there is always a time for everything. And I really enjoy hiking and walking the dogs now. Cheers from the other side of the pond. SonjaM

redlegsrides said...

I believe I got my money's worth, SonjaM, I just couldn't trust it any longer.