Saturday, June 13, 2015

The European Trip, Day 7 - Modena

We arrived in Modena, Italy yesterday evening and woke before 8:00AM today to get some breakfast.  Well, Martha and I did, the boys slept in.

After breakfast, we did some shopping for some travel supplied and when we returned we did manage to roust the boys and get them moving and showered.  Then it was off to Maranello and the home of the Ferrari Museum.

A car museum?  Me?  Well, Miles had requested it since we had some time to kill before meeting up with Massimmo, my friend from the Italian Army.

The drive there was full of roundabouts but no really close calls in terms of driving amongst Italians in small towns.

A pretty nice museum, and though somewhat costly to get in, not too bad since I realize what kind of money it takes for the flashy setting and the upkeep of the cars' appearance for the public viewings.

A 1955 555 F1 also known as the Supersqualo
I liked the looks of this one best of all the Ferraris in the museum

This car showed the clay used to form the bodies 

Miles liked this one

In the Hall of Victories




Some changes in plans have happened.  More to follow but we weren't able to meet with my friend Massimo today.  Perhaps tomorrow, he will be able to join us in our newly planned trip to the next tourist attraction that is a couple of hours away, I sure hope so.

The Things and their "crack" last night....

8 comments:

RichardM said...

The last photo is the best. I think I would've chosen to visit the Ferrari museum as well. Though it looks like there was a lot of focus on racing.

redlegsrides said...

Yep, RichardM, lots of focus on their racing days. There was also an Enzo Ferrari museum here in Modena but we skipped it.

SonjaM said...

We came by Modena last year but it never occurred to us to visit the Ferrari Museum... Roland is not a car or racing guy... but (no surprise here) he wanted to visit the Vespa museum in Pontedera.

You missed out on Tuscany... Siena, Florence, Volterra, Pisa, the lovely roads, the outstanding food...

redlegsrides said...

Florence was skipped on purpose, crowds and everything is closed on Monday. We'll be in Pisa Monday night.

Trobairitz said...

Looks like the museum could be fun. I don't know much about racing, but I do enjoy museums and cars.

I did have to chuckle at the last picture.

redlegsrides said...

The last picture is teenagers in their natural habitat don't you know? :)

I'm not into racing at all, moto or otherwise, but the cars were very nice to look at. Completely impractical of course but then again, you don't buy one to go to the supermarket with it!

ToadMama said...

I would've stopped at the museum, too for Hubby's sake. As for me, I could just wander around town, in and out of churches all day. :-)

The last pic is travel with teens, keeping it real!

redlegsrides said...

Kathy K. The Ferrari museum was a bit pricey but what the heck.