Thursday, December 27, 2012

Cold Evening Ride

Slow, slow, slow day at work....big surprise with most folks taking vacation, right?  I was quite stir-crazy by the time the last meeting wound down and so headed out for a calming ride.

The temperatures were in the upper teens, overcast skies, slightly windy and snow still covering neighborhood roads.....there really was no excuse not to ride, right?

The idea was to try and capture a picture of the last Winter Moon for 2012.  Moonrise was predicted for 4:28 PM and I got there a bit too early.  To kill time, I wandered about the Travois neighborhood's snow-covered roads looking for picture points.

At the end of one road, which was a deadend, I found myself about 25 feet from a group of four deer, all Bucks as they all had antlers:

The Deer come out in the evening....

I wandered about some more and as time neared, I found one more spot to take a picture of Valencia:

The road leading to the highway overpass over E-470 Tollway

As you probably suspect, the overcast skies became snowy skies and it started lightly snowing on me as the time neared for the moonrise.  Knowing there'd be no view of the moon at this time, I rode home instead in the very lightly falling snow.

The radar picture, as I type this posting, looks promising.  The weather guessers had predicted at 20% chance for snow but it had not looked promising.  Now, I'm hoping for at least an inch of accumulation....




2 comments:

RichardM said...

For some reason I thought that the Denver area got tons of snow. Maybe it just doesn't get a chance to accumulate.

redlegsrides said...

We don't normally get a lot Richard, it all mostly ends up in the mountains to the west of Denver....