Saturday, June 02, 2012

Valencia Sunset

This past week, Thursday, it had been a cloudy day with a cold front passing through the state.  I headed out after work to a nearby spot where one can see the front range mountains clearly when the haze is not too bad.

I give you the following shots of the sun setting over the Front Range.

 The pictures above and below go together....
Really liked the warm orange colors of this sunset

 I also liked the way the Front Range mountains were cast in silhouette


 The above and below pictures go together, above showing you a closeup
of the sun as a cloud formation seems to split it in half


5 comments:

SonjaM said...

Stunning! I love sunsets, they are so romantic, especially when they involve a motorcycle ;-)

RichardM said...

Absolutely beautiful sunset photos. Where I am now, there are no sunsets for a couple of months. Still bright and sunny at 2:00am this morning....

Steve Williams said...

What a fine view Dom and made better from a URAL.

Jack Riepe said...

Dear Charlie6 (Dom):

There is something to be said for riding off into the sunset... And then there are the days when you just stand there by the bike, and ride the sunset's pillion. Great pictures. I will have none of my own this season.

So I will have to ride through yours.

Fondest regards,
Jack/reep
Twisted Roads

BeemerGirl said...

And here I didn't think anything could usurp Valenica's colors. :)

Wonderful sunset photos.