Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11 - Remembering

9 years ago today, I was driving (the motorcycling bug had not hit me yet) to work listening to the radio when the announcer said a plane had flown into one of the towers of the World Trade Center.

First thing that popped into my mind was that it was something similar to when a military aircraft had flown into the Empire State Building back in 1945.  The announcer and I really had no idea it was but the first of two  airliners crashing into the World Trade Center buildings; a third plane flew into the Pentagon Building in Washington, D.C and what would have been a fourth airliner probably onto the White House or Congress were it not for the bravery of the passengers of United Airlines flight 93.

A good short narrative here on history.com:  Attack on America.

Image source: google.com

The History Channel recently debuted a film showing a compilation of video and stories of some of the people who survived this cowardly attack and of the heroic first responders who risked their lives to save them.  Over four hundred firefighters and police officers died doing their job....remember them today.

Nearly 3000 people, most probably not involved with the stated terrorist rationale for the attack, died in this cowardly attack....their only crime was being Americans, working in buildings that had come to symbolize America's greatness or symbols that focused the hate of the cowards who hide behind a perverted version of Islam.   Remember those victims today.

Today I ride in support of a foundation that works to provide "Service Dogs" to help wounded Veterans recover from injuries sustained in the ongoing wars.  More on that later.


To the above statement I also add:  
NEVER FORGIVE

2 comments:

Gary France said...

I am in Woodland Park. I stop at a gas station to get a snack and make a phone call. I am about to leave. I see a Ural riding in to get gas. I recognise the rider, as it is.... YOU!

It is a small world. It was good to see you yesterday on your ride on 9/11.

Gary

Oz said...

Thanks. May we all remember that day and may it all make use commit to making our country stronger.