Thursday, April 30, 2009

Maria crosses a new milestone

I'd been monitoring closely Maria's odometer, as she approached today's milestone.

We both crossed it together while enroute home from Denver International Airport where I'd spent the day in meetings with customers and UAL employees/contractors.

What's the milestone you ask? Well, today Maria crossed over the 66,666 mile mark on her odometer. No "mark of the beast" commentary is warranted, thank you very much, Maria remains a "good girl" for me.

There were no whispering voices in my helmet, just the sound of the wind making its way across the windswept plains.

The sun was not suddenly eclipsed by the moon and neither did dark and forbidding clouds streaked by lightning bolts make their appearance.

The ground did not open before me with flames licking out from the underworld.

Maria remained as compliant to my bidding as usual and did not try and kill me while possessed by the "dark one". No cagers tried to kill me or even seem threatening.

I looked for and found no evidence of blood flowing from Maria's bodywork. All in all, a pretty benign crossing of this particular milestone.

The sun remained shining, the winds weren't blowing too hard and temperatures were in the mid-50s or so as I stopped on the side of the E-470 superslab to take the picture below.

1 comment:

Jack Riepe said...

Dear Charlie6 (Dom):

What a great day and a great event! So many other motorcycle would be on the junk heap at that mileage. It's nice to know the BMW marque is just broken in at that point.

Fondest regards,
Jack
Twisted Roads