Friday, July 27, 2007

Ice Cream Cake and a Motorcycle

It was my loving wife's birthday and I decided at the last minute, almost, to get her an ice cream cake from the Dairy Queen for her birthday celebrations.

There was only one hitch, the decision had been made while I was at work, and I had commuted to work on my motorcycle as I normally do whenever possible.

No problem I said to myself, I am sure the cake will come in a square box which I can lash to my cargo rack on my motorcycle!

So I leave work later, get to the DQ, and nope....they don't come in boxes anymore apparently, they come in plastic, roundish covered containers. The owner of the DQ was kind enough to hunt around for a box but they only two he found were either too small for the cake or too large for the motorcycle. No problem.

I carry these small bungee cords on the motorcycle and they sure came in handy today:


As you can see, pretty secure though it did tend to make my Big Mak Airbag a bit top-heavy! : )

Got the cake home just fine, just took it real easy on the curves on the way back to the house, trying to not lean over too much.

Where there is a will, there is a way!

No comments: